Terms and conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of edgcumbes.co.uk.
By using this site and/or shopping with us you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Please ensure you read them carefully prior to using this website and/or ordering with us.
They set out your rights and obligations and those of Edgcumbe Tea and Coffee Company Ltd in relation to this website and its content and exclude and limit our liability to you in the event of loss or damage.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions and the content and products on edgcumbes.co.uk without prior notice. Please ensure you check these Terms regularly. If you use this website after we have made changes you are accepting the new Terms and Conditions of use.
If you have any queries relating to the Terms and Conditions, please contact our Customer Service team at The Old Barn, Ford Lane, Arundel before using and/or placing an order.
Tel: 01243 555775
Edgcumbe Tea and Coffee Company Ltd
Wicks Farmhouse, Ford Lane, Arundel , W. SX BN180DF
Customer Service opening hours- Monday – Thursday 8.30 – 5pm, Friday 8.30-4pm
Online shop terms
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and that the personal information which you are required to provide is accurate, current and complete in all respects.
You may not use our products or services for any illegal or unauthorised purpose (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
We will charge your credit card account for payment upon receipt of order unless delivery cannot be fulfilled within 45 days.
We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the right payment details.
If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the Goods from your account on delivery of the Goods to you, we can cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have. We will take all reasonable care to keep all information connected with your order secure but we cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data, including credit and account details you provide when accessing or ordering from this Web Site, unless this is solely due to our negligence.
We will deliver the Goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order (if payment is made by card goods must be sent to the address as shown on the cards statement). It is important that this address is accurate. It is a condition that all orders despatched will require a signature on delivery. We will never leave items unless they have been signed for. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the Goods once they have been delivered and signed for. We will aim to deliver the Goods by the date quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, the delivery date will be extended by a reasonable period and we will contact you to arrange an alternative time.
Risk and ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you or, if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver. You will only own the Goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full.
Returns/Options to cancel
By law, customers within the European Union have the right to a ‘cooling off period’ within seven working days of their purchase being delivered.
If you decide to return an item to Edgcumbe Tea and Coffee Company Ltd during this period, you will be entitled to a refund of the cost of the item and the delivery charge, we will not refund the return charge.
If you are however returning the items because they are damaged, faulty or in any way defective then Edgcumbe Tea and Coffee Company Ltd will refund the delivery and return fee on receipt of the goods.
We aim to provide high quality products to our customers. Although Edgcumbe Tea and Coffee Company Ltd aims to provide our customers with high quality products and takes all reasonable steps to ensure you are pleased with your purchase, unless otherwise stated our products are covered only by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Matters out of our control
We will not be liable to you or in breach of the Contract for delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
Campaign specific Terms and Conditions
1. The images of the Products on the offer leaflet are for illustrative purposes only. Details of the coffee you will receive are on the website.
2. This introductory offer is limited to one claim per person throughout the promotional period (but there will be more coming!)
3. The offer is not valid with any other promotional discount and cannot be exchanged for cash. Codes are unique and can only be entered and redeemed once for this particular offer.
4. There is a minimum spend of £17 required for this offer of delicious, freshly roasted coffee.
5. Offer is only valid online at www.edgcumbes.co.uk but anyone in the Sussex are is welcome to visit the amazing Edgcumbes Roastery Café and use the leaflet to buy it straight from the roaster!
6. For online orders payment can only be made by Mastercard, Visa, Visa Delta, Maestro or Paypal. We regret that we are unable to accept other means of payment- but of course we will happily take your cash in person at the Edgcumbes Roastery.
7. Edgcumbes has stocks of lovely coffee waiting for your orders, but in the unlikely event of us running out, we may have to withdraw our offer.
8. This amazing offer is not available to retailers, and cannot be redeemed in shops, cafes or any other online stores (other than at the Edgcumbes Roastery in West Sussex, of course!).
9. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our site have a 5% tolerance- usually in your favour, thanks to our generous team of packers!
10. All our coffees are of exceptional quality and are hand roasted in our West Sussex Roastery. If you are not entirely delighted with the products you receive then please do pick up the ‘phone or email us