Do you want to join #TeamEDGE? Edgcumbes are expanding and we’re looking for an experienced Part Time Bookkeeper (minimum: 15hrs/week) to join our growing team!
A family business with over three decades of experience, we are wholesalers to the hospitality trade, online retailers and have an on-site Roastery and Café. The company has grown significantly in the past few years and we now have an opportunity for an experienced Bookkeeper who relishes the challenges of a dynamic and forward- thinking business. You will be working at our Lodge Offices with the admin team based at our Roastery near Arundel.
Our usual office working hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm – although the Café is open 7 days a week and we are dispatching coffee and tea to our online customers 24/7!
You will be involved in all areas of the business and reporting to the company accountant and MD.
Sound like just your cuppa? Fancy being part of a fab, friendly team? Then, we’d love to hear from you! For more info and to apply, please email your full CV and covering letter giving details of why you feel you are ideal for the position to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Have excellent understanding of, and skills in, working with cloud-based software. We use the Xero accounting and Unleashed Inventory management systems;
- Daily bookkeeping and bank reconciliations on Xero accounting software;
- Assist the company accountant in producing monthly management accounts;
- Raising purchase orders on Unleashed Inventory Management system;
- Reconcile supplier invoices and accurately input on to the Xero accounting system;
- Pay purchase invoices on the Xero system through the automated bank feed;
- Reconcile customer receipts with the sales invoices on the Xero system automated bank feed;
- Reconcile the purchase ledger on a monthly basis and liaise accordingly with suppliers;
- Handle communications and correspondence in a timely and efficient manner;
- Answer telephone calls from suppliers and customers, responding appropriately and liaising with managers as required
- Assist and support other staff workloads at peak times;
- Ensure office computer technology, machinery and equipment systems are operated efficiently;
- Proactively seek creative ways to reduce administrative costs and increase profitability;
- Effectively manage any allocated assignments or tasks within agreed time frames;
- Actively participate in any internal and/or external meetings, as required, to improve job performance;
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures;
- Communicate with and advise a Director of any departmental events which may affect the growth and well-being of the company, whether positive or negative;
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by a Director or Line Manager;