LEVEL 1 BARISTA COURSE
- Distingush Coffee Types (Arabica/ Robusta)
- Grinder Basics
- Understanding the Espresso Machine
- The 11 Steps
- Milk Texturing
- Cleaning and Texturing
- Machine Cleaning
This course gets you up and running with all the key skills you need to operate your espresso machine, from setting your grinder for perfect espresso extraction, foaming and texturing your milk for the full range of cafe drinks, through to care and maintenance.
The techniques you will learn have been tried and tested by the World's best baristas and developed through our work with the championships over the years. That does not necessarily make them hard to learn it just means you will pick up the best techniques first time around!
The day is designed to be hands on to ensure you are confident using the skills you pick up.
This course is Certified by the Beverage Standards Association
WHO'S IT FOR?
- Anyone who has just bought, or is thinking of buying, an espresso machine
- Anyone planning to open a cafe
- People using an espresso machine who want to get better result
- The course is aimed at commercial espresso machine users but keen home baristas are welcome too.
THE DAY IN DETAIL
- A brief introduction to your coffee: varieties, origins and flavours
- The importance of freshness
- Choosing the right machine and grinder
- Setting your grinder: dose and grind texture
- Calibrating your espresso machine: water quantities and temperature
- Steps to producing your espresso
- Introduction to milk
- Techniques to texturing and foaming
- The barista menu
- Care & maintenance of your machine
To book a place, please click "SELECT A DATE" from the 'BOOK TICKETS' section.
All of our coffee courses are held at the EDGE Training Academy at Edgcumbes Roastery, The Old Barn, Ford Lane, near Arundel, BN18 ODF. Hopefully you already know where we are, but if you have any trouble finding us then please do just give us a call on 01243 555775
Further details about the Level 1 Barista Courses:
- Course will last for 6 hours and starts at 9:30am
- Cost is £175 per person
- Our expert, friendly Barista Training Manager and trainer will be running the course and will be on hand for any additional questions you may have.
- Fun, informative course which gives you real hands-on practice to take home with you.
- Certified by Beverage Standards Association
- This course is limited to 4 places per session
Become a friend of Edgcumbes! Sign up here for exclusive offers, news, updates, and invitations to tasting events.